Thursday, June 16, 2016

♡ POM POM PURIN CAFE HONG KONG ♡

We had just arrived in Hong Kong, and couldn't check into our hotel yet. So we decided to walk around the area in Causeway Bay. Can you believe how shocked I was to see the Pom Pom Purin Cafe!! I had heard about it, but I had not specifically looked up directions for it or given it a second thought. I had never been to a themed cafe before, so I was super excited! Bo said we would come back and have dinner there! See my full video of the cafe here. 



So glad this huge sign got my attention! It's a small place, so I could have walked right by.

Outside you can find a big menu board, which is helpful if you are deciding to eat there or not. The menu has a mix of "real" meal foods and sweets. It's always such a hard decision... But when I'm super hungry, I will always go for "real" food, even though I know I'll be too full for dessert!


Some of the dishes even come with a collectible (mug, I think?) that you can take home. I think if I were to go again, I would go there for a dessert and get the collectable! I hope someday I can visit a Rilakkuma cafe.

Pom Pom Purin and friends are inviting you for dinner!

To enter the cafe, you go down stairs, and there is cuteness covering the walls and every place you look! At dinner time, there were only a few visitors, some with children. It wasn't busy like I expected.


If you go, be sure to get up and see all the cute decor. Nobody minds taking pictures inside! 



Don't forget to look up!! Pom Pom Purin's friends are in the sky above!

So we finally made our meal choices, Bo got a stew and I got taco rice. I make taco rice at home, but silly me I forgot that this one would probably use beef (as I use pork at home). I really don't eat beef, so I gave some to Bo. It was a really cute presentation. I wouldn't say the food is AMAZING, but it is amazingly cute.

Bo's stew

My taco rice


Some how I look really relaxed in this picture but I was actually really excited!!
Don't forget to visit the bathroom before you leave!! It's so adorable, so I couldn't help taking a few pictures!! ...And is it just me, or does Pom look like he's having some gas issues in picture one?

  

I think my favorite poster in the cafe is the one talking all about Pom Pom himself and all his friends.


And on the way out, don't miss the merchandise section and the cute wall you can take a pic with Pom! I just wish the lighting was a little better for pictures here.



Who's your favorite Pom Pom Purin friend? I now have a liking towards Macaron and Pom Pom himself. Have you ever been to a cute cafe? If you haven't, put it on your list when you travel to Asia because they are a lot of fun!



Talk to you next time,
Mary

1 comment: