Saturday, January 17, 2015

♡ My Kawaii Rilakkuma Lolita Bridal Shower ( *^3^)~♡リラックマかわいいロリータパーティ



I recently posted my video about the bridal shower and also about our DIY Rilakkuma invitations. (My whole kawaii wedding video playlist can be found here).


At first, I wanted to have my bridal shower at home and cook lots of fun Japanese foods and sweets. But I happened to find this amazing tea restaurant (that also serves asian cuisine!).

It was the perfect atmosphere for a cute, rilakkuma themed shower.

I decided my invitations would be using Rilakkuma Natural Time letter sets. The set is perfect because it comes with beautiful matching letter sheets with envelopes and gold seals. I wrote everything in cursive.



I custom made return address labels using a Korilakkuma image (representing myself :3 ) and I chose a cherry blossom stamp that was offered at the time at my post office. You can get more info on the DIY invites on my other blog post all about it.

I decorated with Rilakkuma bears and doilies!

The tea restaurant had a delicious fancy menu with options for all the guests to chose from when they sent back their RSVPs. I remember getting a fancy blackberry appetizer, tuna salad croissant and of course my choice of tea. (They have so many to chose from).



I bought a Tiramisu cake from Belle's bread in Columbus (SO GOOD). I decorated it with a little ReMent Rilakkuma head from the cake shop series.


I also bought macarons as well as other sweets from Pistacia Vera in Columbus. While visiting the Asian markets, I bought giant pocky and a collection of Japanese sweets to give as goodie bags.

All the flavors were so good....mocha, buckeye, lemon, raspberry, green tea...!

The second favor was a tower of cake shaped hand clothes. They have all colors and sizes available, and I got mine from Amazon. We decorated with them on tiered plates.


For little welcome signs, I made my own print outs using Rilakkuma borders and white frames from Target. And I bought the Rilakkuma with hearts plush that were released in March 2014.



I did not even consider including lolita in the event until my friends were asking me if they could dress in tea outfits and all wear hats! I was so surprised and I decided to wear my fluffy pink lolita dress. Everything came together!
















I was lucky to get so many thoughtful gifts, including a sweet handwritten recipe book (in Chinese!) from Bo's mom, 2014 Rilakkumas (great to remember our big year), and tons of other fun goodies from my friends who know my interests very well. : )


A picture of me and Bo! (He tagged along in the shadows for the yumminess and goodie bags ^.^)


It was a super fun bridal shower and if you are planning a shower I hope you incorporate your own personal interests to yours!

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can assist you with any of your DIY projects.

My Kawaii Wedding blog posts:
♡ Our Kawaii Wedding(s)!
♡ DIY Kawaii Rilakkuma Stationery
♡ DIY Wedding Polaroids with Rilakkuma 
♡ My Kawaii Lolita Rilakkuma Bridal Shower

My Kawaii Wedding videos:
♡ ALL My Kawaii Wedding videos ♡

♡ My YouTube
 Main Tumblr
♡ Personal Tumblr
♡ Instagram
♡ Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment